Subject description: With the development of nano technology, electrospinning is going to play an important role in biomedical materials, filtration and protection, catalyzing, energy, photoelectricity, food engineering, cosmetics, etc. as a simple and effective novel process technique to produce nanofiber.
1. In biomedical field, nanofiber, whose diameter is smaller than cells, can simulate natural extracellular matrix structure and biological functions. Most human tissues and organs are similar to nanofiber in form and structure, which makes it possible to rejuvenate tissues and organs with nanofiber. Some electrospinning materials possess biocompatibility and degradability with the ability to enter the body as absorptive carrier. What’s more, electrospinning nanofiber, with larger specific surface area and higher porosity, attracts biomedical researchers, and has been applied in drug delivery, wound repair, bio-tissue engineering, etc.
2. Filtration efficiency fiber filtration material improve with reduction of nanofiber diameter, as a result, reduce fiber diameter becomes an effective way to improve filtration efficiency of fiber filtration material. Besides, electrospinning fiber has small pore diameter, high porosity and high fiber uniformity, which shows great potential in many fields, such as gas filtration, liquid filtration and individual protection.
3. Electrospinning fiber can effectively control fiber fine structure. With the combination of material with low surface energy, material with super-hydrophobic performance can be produced, heading to be applied in ship shell, inner wall of oil-pipeline, high-rise glass and car glass. However, to achieve the above application in clean field, electrospinning fiber must improve its strength, wearability and combination of fiber membrane materials and matrix material stretch.
4. Catalyst pellets with nano structure are easy to aggregate to influence its dispersibility and availability. So electrospinning fiber material not only plays a part to disperse homogeneously as module, but also motivate flexibility and easy-operation of polymer carrier. Furthermore, catalytic efficiency can be improved by making use of strong cooperativity between catalytic material and polymer micro-nano surface.
5. Electrospinning nanofiber has larger surface area and higher porosity, which can increase active area of sensing and tested materials. It is expected to greatly improve performance of sensors. Besides, electrospinning nanofiber also can be applied in energy, photoelectricity, food engineering, etc.
To be continued…